Monday, May 25, 2009

Pirate Birthday




We had his "Wo Wo Etday" Pirate birthday at the restraunt inside the Pirates of the Carribbean ride...and he had a slow start to the party because he had just woken up from his nap...and he was all mad cause he ended up ripping his pirate hat...so Nana bought him an even more fitting birthday hat!!! We had a great time and it was just so fun for him to be excited!!! We bought the shirt at a biker store here in Vegas....from this huge zz top bearded guy who absolutely loved Tyler and was so excited he was getting to have a pirate birthday!!! PS I HATE how this stupid blog works...I don't know how to get rid of the gaps and put the words in the right place, and it is HUGE PAIN to get the pics in order which I usually take the time to do...so don't hate me if I end up finding a new way!!! I do love having it all together...so sorry but deal with the weird organization.












Hugs for dad as he was finally waking up!!!































































On to the next ride!!!


























These pics are actually from the first trip on the Pirate's ride...there are two small drops...the first one bigger and Tyler's face is so classic...I took pictures the last time we went too...he is definitely less scared this time...but the apprehention is priceless!!!











































On the haunted house...the first time thru he was being so brave...but then we get in this elevator and this scary guy is talking and he says this little speech and at the end just before they let you off to actually get you on the ride...there is a huge thunder clap and the room blacks out...just before it got dark...I was watching Tyler of course cause I knew exactly what was going to happen...and he flinched so bad when the lighting went off, but didn't cry and was fine the rest of the ride and then asked to go on the "ghost ride" again!!!





Outside splash mountain at the pooh bear corner!!
























On KC Junior..the train from Dumbo. One of the rides he remebered from our December trip.







Waiting for the Jungle Cruise...or "boat ride"

































So cute...he was super good in line until the last rides before nap...we were a little bit of lax parents and let him climb on all the fences...when is it ok to climb and when is it not...our big question!!!




















Tyler is still so occupied with observing the rides that he rarely looks like he is enjoying himself...and he usually has his hands folded together..so funny!! He is just such a pensive little dude...quiet and pensive..who must that come from???





















































































































See the other kids are doing it too!!! (I know that isn't really an excuse :) :)














































Erik is such a trooper....first he has to deal with me...I could go to Disneyland every weekend and be happy...and he thinks it is just so so....not enough make Kelley puke rides!!! But this trip Tyler was super enjoying himself and was so excited...at the gate they gave him a Mickey sticker...and Tyler moved it around on his shirt and then on my shorts and it eventually ended up on Eriks butt...he left it there because that was where Tyler wanted it...his Father's badge of honor!!!! We love our DAD!!!!











The haunted house the second time thru...even Erik looks scared this time :) :)









































Tyler was such a trooper...he had a bit of a cold...but was still requesting the next ride at 11pm!!!









































On the walk to one last time on Pirates of the Carribbean!!!!
















Still a little intimidating on the 6th time I guess :) :)!!! So funny!!!
































































On our way out at 11:30pm....What a CHAMP...and a perfect Pirate Birthday!!!








This video is a few days before we left for LA...I was trying to get him to show his little speech he had been making to EVERYONE he could wherever we were out running errands...He would say...WOWO ETDAY...wowo ride....boat ride...fly dumbo....disneyland. Translation...I am still pretty much the only one who can understand him...and I can't even some of the time...but what he was trying to say : I am having a pirate birthday (wo wo=yo ho) and am going to ride, Pirates of the Carribbean , the Jungle Cruise, and fly Dumbo!! I am going to Disneyland :) :)!!! Every once in a while he would add...three candles and show the person how he would blow them out!!! He is just so precious!!! I also was making this as a thank you to our family friend Bobby, who works for Disneyland and super kindly gets us tickets to the park...you can see how cooperative a three year old can be!!!
He is so funny about putting on his hat...and he adjusts it so sinking much!!! It is hillarious....and he always has to fix it after I have put it on!!!
You have to watch this one all the way thru and then pull the little slider back to the first frame to see why this is funny...Tyler was taking pictures while we were waiting in line...and this is just too perfect of Erik...we actually caught him being extra happy...in the happiest place on earth!!!

This was a ride in the "Bug's Life" section of California park....it is a ladybug version of the tea cups....I hate the tea cups...spinning makes me sick...this one was less a spinner but went in a figure eight and whipped you around so fast...I was not expecting it....I laughed the whole time...so sorry for my loud laughter...but it was fun and shows Tyler having a blast!!!!

2 comments:

Lewis Family said...

oh, he is getting so big!! I cannot believe that he is 3 already! what a fun b-day! he is sooooo cute!!!!!

Lewis Family said...

he is so cute!!! and i can't believe that he is three already! time is flying. what a fun birthday. looks like you guys had a blast. happy birthday tyler!!